Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE;
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs;
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport;
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport;
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the school games;
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport;
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs;
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Since the end of the School Sports Co-ordinator Project (SSCo) The Coppice School has continued to employ our SSCo, Wendy Haworth, as a specialist Sports teacher. She currently teaches 5 lessons per week in the Primary Department providing quality PE opportunities with an emphasis on pre-requisite skills for competitive sports. Wendy works collaboratively with other schools and community facilities to promote a wide range of sporting activities for our pupils to include competitive events.
This funding enables us to employ Wendy as a specialist sports teacher to provide high quality, well-structured PE experiences for Primary pupils. Any funding shortfall is met from School Budget Share.
The document below details the Sports Premium expenditure for the current year.
You can view our Sports Premium expenditure for previous years by clicking on any of the files below.