Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE;
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs;
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport;
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport;
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the school games;
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport;
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs;
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Since the end of the School Sports Co-ordinator Project (SSCo) The Coppice School has continued to employ our SSCo, Wendy Haworth, as a specialist Sports teacher. She currently teaches 5 lessons per week in the Primary Department providing quality PE opportunities with an emphasis on pre-requisite skills for competitive sports. Wendy works collaboratively with other schools and community facilities to promote a wide range of sporting activities for our pupils to include competitive events.
This funding enables us to employ Wendy as a specialist sports teacher to provide high quality, well-structured PE experiences for Primary pupils. Any funding shortfall is met from School Budget Share.